Protective Cable Duct Sealing and Service Entries
A new technique sealing expansion joints via pressure-filled sealing elements quickly, cheaply and permanently. This patented technology has already been implemented in Munich GmbH public utilities.
Installing the QADE/V sealing system
Quick and easy to install. The Wolf QADE/V and QAK/V sealing systems are suited for FTTH service entries, connections in houses, cellars, garages, outdoor lighting and more.
Cable ducts with a single configuration
Place the sealing cushion round the cable or duct and insert it into the duct entry.
Cable ducts with multiple configurations
Place the sealing cushion round cable or duct and insert it into the duct entry. Wrap sealing tape round each cable. Fill any gaps with balls of sealing tape.
Inflate the sealing cushion via the tyre valve with a standard tyre inflation tool, observing the safety tips in WO 05 Part 0 and the installation instructions in WO 05 Part 3. After pressure-filling, lay the valve extension parallel to the cables and fix it in place with insulating tape or wrap it in permanently elastic sealing tape.
Unique features of the Wolf Sealing System
- Reliable sealing against gas diffusion and 5m water column
- Maximises use of space, allows more cables to be installed than non-inflatable systems (max. 80% for single-cable ducts / max. 40% for multi-cable ducts)
- Simple to retrofit and quick to remove (2 min.) - inflatable sealing technology means no unwanted adhesion to ducts and cables
- Low product life-cycle costs, minimal preparation costs, no maintenance costs for the sealing element
- Sealing cushions coated with grease-free swelling material to simplify installation
- Cost-effective reusable and disposable options available, QADE/V model can be inflated and reused 4 times
- Environmentally friendly, carbon-neutral compressed-air filling, inflates with an ordinary air compressor - easy disposal, no hazardous waste
- Applications include service entries in FTTH, photovoltaic, wind energy and biogas installations
- Fulfils the requirements of Deutsche Telekom, T-Com TS 0307/96, British Telecom LN584 (1996) and France Telecom ST/FTR8FD7644 (2002)
- Sealing diameter 35 to 150 mm. Additional solutions for sealing large diameters, up to 500 mm, available from Wolf
- Temperature range -15°C to +30°C; (+45°C for a short period). For extended temperature range -30°C to +45°C; (+70°C for a short period), see the extended range from Wolf